Picoman

Battle Tag:
Tapeless#1318

US

Armory Link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara … ad/Picoman

Spec and Role Applied For:
Blood (preferred) or Unholy

Is there anything unusual (suboptimal or goes against standard theorycrafting) about your current spec
or gearing? If so, please explain:

Enchants are geared toward Blood spec, but aren't actually bad for Unholy (when gear is actually shared i.e. I have different trinkets and ring(s) and sometimes other gear depending)

Do you have a viable offspec(s), and if so what is it? Which specs are you comfortable playing in a raid?
Unholy.  Last time I raided as DPS, I did decently (top 5 on bosses) but I wouldn't consider myself a badass

Performance
Please link one or more logs, preferably recent:
Don't have any, though wouldn't be so useful seeing as I tank?

Please provide one or more screenshots of your UI while in combat (preferably in a raid/dungeon):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/318nprgh8xaf4 … 2.jpg?dl=0

Please go to speedtest.net and test your connection to Chicago, USA. Post the link to your test here:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7653148053

What kind of computer do you have? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc)(Hint: Use the WoW Beta profile page):
i5-6500 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit OS

History and Availability
Please give an account of your raid experience, including any pre-WoD content you completed. Please
only include content completed when current:

Late BC (Sunwell content), WotLK up through ICC, then took a looooong break until now.  Currently 8/8H 1/8M Uldir, 547 Raider.io

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave them?
In WotLK I was in a 3-night hardcore prog guild.  We ended up disbanding before Lich King due to burn out from 4-5 hour/night wipe fests on (at the time) beefy bosses. Current guild is fun, but not serious about Mythic or even Heroic raid progression.

What websites or tools do you use to prepare for new content and to keep up-to-date on your class?
Fatboss is good, but I recently discovered Ready?Check.Pull! they have very clear videos that are much more pithy.  Icy Veins is a good base for class guides.

Why do you want to join Pals for Life?
Want to be on a team of BAMFs instead of praying to the PUG gods for a good run XD

Do you have any foreseeable schedule conflicts with the posted raid times?
Holidays? 

More About You...
Which of the bosses you've encountered was the most challenging to you, and why?
Normal Zul (let me explain).  In our first (and only so far) guild run, the other tank was... not too confident.  Essentially, I had to run around and solo-tank all the adds, watching energy levels and moving them when needed.  It was challenging, but also very rewarding.

What do you think you bring to the guild that others of your class/spec cannot bring? Why should we
choose you over another applicant?

Situational awareness.  Of course everyone will claim to have it, but many will tunnel vision themselves over others.  I do my due diligence to keep eyes on everyone else, such as re-positioning when appropriate on the fly (even if it's outside the current strat, ie better cleave, giving melee more room on bad puddles/fire, adjusting for other people's mechanical mishaps to make strats easier overall), synergizing with healers by using smartly timed self healing and CDs, and coming up with new strats when appropriate to suggest to the group and/or other tank.  I'm also non-confrontational, so no drama! (Unless I'm in a position of leadership and the situation calls, then fairness will take precedence)

(BONUS) Write a haiku about PALS FOR LIFE...drawing a picture is also acceptable
A haiku for tanks?
Tankin' aint easy, you know...
Never mind, I lied.

Re: Friendly Casul DK

Are you applying as a social or to replace Sushi?

I would like to tank in raid progression.

If there isn't a position up for grabs, I totally understand.  Even if I worked out, I'm not too keen on being the guy who comes in to kick someone out of their spot as a replacement (wouldn't give the best impression to the team as a whole).

If you would like me to come on as a DPS and only tank when needed, I'm cool with that as well.  However, I don't want to give the wrong impression since I will (most likely) not top the DPS charts.  That said, the same standard of mechanical awareness will still apply to any role I fill.

Hope that clarifies my intentions!

hm...

promask wrote:

hm...

Indicating interest after all this time? We've gone casual, so not sure if you're looking for that.

Be excellent to each other.
Dodging Malarian Suicide Bombers™ since 2010.

I'm confused