Topic: I know who really started the Leeroy thing

I've kept my mouth shut for 11 years. That is a long time to not come forward. I've often wondered if I should even post anything here. Well, today is the day I can no longer remain silent. Hello everyone. I'm that guy. I pulled a stunt so crazy I got my title. Will anyone care? Probably not.
      However, I haven't played since Leeroy blew up and am thinking about getting back to the grind. What better place to pick up than with the guild that has called me their own for so long already? Why would I even think about joining your guild? Cause I have a sick sense of humor. It never would have gotten so big if you guys didn't record and post it.
      Whatever comes of this post just know I don't hate you guys. I'm still waiting for my free shirt. It is the least you could do. smile

Re: I know who really started the Leeroy thing

Hi friend, have you checked in to the local psych ward? if not you might want to give them a call!

Psych wards are for people who don't have a grasp on reality. It is know that video was staged and just a reenactment of someone else. (http://www.tentonhammer.com/articles/be … -wow-memes). Ben Schultz didn't start the meme, though he did make it popular. It was really started on a tauren warrior named Viris on the eonar server. source: guy who started it is typing this. For the horde!

Lol what

I'm lost

PunBB bbcode test

Normally I wouldn't comment, but I'm in the last week of my current job before I start my new one and I'm bored out of my mind. Do you have any real proof of your claim? Searching the internet reveals only a YouTube comment made by you on a GameSpot video, a link to your Google+/YouTube profile (Jared Leto as the Joker for your profile pic, so edgy!), and a comment on wowgoldmillions.com. So based on the evidence, I guess in 2015 (the earliest I can find of any of your claims), a guy named Greg Thompson decided he was going to start claiming he was the real Leeroy but offer zero proof. That's cool, people do it all the time. Igra is the Queen of England [citation needed]. I'm just not sure what made you think coming here with that claim was going to go over any better than a lead balloon.

Be excellent to each other.
Dodging Malarian Suicide Bombers™ since 2010.

So he linked something that only talked about other popular wow videos then claims he started the 'meme' gtfo?

The link was only to show its know it was a reenactment/staged video. There are a few more sources stating so. If I recorded the first time it was done I would link to it. As you can guess this video doesn't exist or I would have been up in arms about it years ago. There is one person who knows it was me as we were collage roommates at the time. One person knowing it was me is enough to keep me from going crazy about this. I'm mostly wondering what the people closest to it think about it as they know he didn't start it.

Big props Brenell on actually linking to the Wiki for citation needed.

Infestigator wrote:

There is one person who knows it was me as we were collage roommates at the time. One person knowing it was me is enough to keep me from going crazy about this.

What kind of crazy hijinks do you get into at collage? I remember my first mosaic.

I went to Full Sail for audio engineering and always wanted to get into audio design for games. The sad part about doing audio is if its done right no one notices it. My roommate was going for game design. It was taxing as Full Sail ran 24/7 and I had class sometimes from 5-9, 1-5, then again at 9-1 in the mourning. Lots of drinking and very little sleep can make a man run into deathtrap just to spice things up.

I am slow, so bear with me. So you are claiming you, presumably in a different guild on a different server with other people, did what Ben did prior to his doing it in the video which created the Leeroy sensation. You have sat on this for quite a few years, and are now deciding that you want to out the truth in this august setting, and been seen for whom you really are by the people who really count.

What I am having a hard time with is this....supposing for a moment that your claim is true, the piece that makes me wonder if should (very soon) follow Igra's advice, is why is the hell would you choose this moment in time to do this? It makes no sense, because no one gives even the slightest fuck anymore about Leeroy.

The complete lack of compelling evidence ("my college roommate" doesn't quite make the 6 sigma standard), as others have pointed out, make this really look like a joke. And furthermore, why haven't the other people in that group stand up (years ago) to say, hey, wtf, we experienced this even before this...

Any yet, part of me would love if you could actually prove your claim; please don't think this is just a provocative comment meant just to get you to keep chasing this fiction to entertain me, by the way.

Lightfallen wrote:

What kind of crazy hijinks do you get into at collage? I remember my first mosaic.

+

PunBB bbcode test

A few day ago I was watching a twitch stream of the new Legion expansion. Someone in the comments shouted Leeroy. I have no idea why but it got under my skin for the first time. So I started looking up details. I found Leeroy cards in other blizzard games, and a Leeroy Jenkins production company that I presume holds the naming rights for all the tee shirts. While most every article on it has the same story. One story said the Ben was offered a job as a game tester and he turned it down. At the time I would have jumped on the job as a way in to do what I really wanted to do, audio design. It really makes me wonder how much different my life would be If I would have had that offer.
   I know no one really cares about the Leeroy thing anymore and my claim has little proof. That doesn't stop me from wondering where my life would be now.

“Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

The problem with the application of that quote here is that there's no proof it's the truth. It's a great thought in theory, but then again, so is communism.

PunBB bbcode test

15 (edited by Igra 2016-09-09 20:32:46)

it's not a reenactment per say, but it is definitely staged. Anyone who knows anything about wow would immediately know this from two key things in this video. First; divine intervention killed the pally and made the target immune to outside contact, thus being only viable as a wipe recovery mechanic. Second; Fakedrunkduhl is such a fucking little girl that you can literally hear him sniggering the whole video when he queues his mic to talk.

It's a parody of the game, it was original and not stolen from anyone. GTFO of here please.

*Changed snickering to sniggering at Carbs request

Hey buddy, your life wouldn'tve changed at all. You'd still be where you're at, griping on someone else's forums about something stupid.

I haven't seen anyone who registered around 2005 comment on this yet. That leads me to think that no one commenting on this really knows what they are talking about and are just defending their clan. I applaud your loyalty. However I'm looking to talk to the people who were around then and involved in it. Not people who have already drank the kool-aid.

He's got us there, fellas!

It's not like most of you haven't spent 8 years in a guild and talked with and raided with those guys for years! His assertions of retardation are confirmed.

Y'all better give up all that sweet commission you earned riding Leeroy's coattails.

Loyalty to the clan. Ha ha....no

Loyalty to sanity. Absolutely

Considering almost none of them are around much anymore, you may have a really long wait.

Be excellent to each other.
Dodging Malarian Suicide Bombers™ since 2010.

Brenell wrote:

Considering almost none of them are around much anymore, you may have a really long wait.

Also when they do come around I mean....thats all we talk about!! omg leeroy!! lolololol /jerkoff

bwahahahaha

Lover of Dirt

"Oh shit. I have blink, don't I?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/grummok/haleyfyou.gif

I think Hadron really captured my true feelings best honestly...

Even if you did do something kind of resembling A Rough Go before the video was made, you didn't create the Leeroy "character", you didn't make a video of it, and you sure didn't invent acting like an idiot for laughs. So... I'm not sure what exactly it is you're laying claim to here.

25 (edited by Igra 2016-09-11 22:29:49)

Impeesa wrote:

Even if you did do something kind of resembling A Rough Go before the video was made, you didn't create the Leeroy "character", you didn't make a video of it, and you sure didn't invent acting like an idiot for laughs. So... I'm not sure what exactly it is you're laying claim to here.

Pretty spot on statement, Leeroy surely wasn't the first one ever to aggro too many whelps and wipe the group. They did however see the potential for a comical video and went for it. You however did not capitalize on it. I could easily say that I thought up literally anything, but without any proof...you're just making yourself look like a damned fool. I can also say for certain that they did not catch wind of whatever it is you're claiming you did and copy it and capitalize on it. I've created a phrase, albeit within just the guild, of "hey pi watch this" which means something funny/stupid is about to happen and we/I will most likely be dead. I've not made any videos of these stupid things nor do I really care about it...it's all just for a few laughs. Which is what the old school pals were all about, having a few laughs. You've probably not even seen any of the other content from them, the story of anfrony (my personal favorite), palterac valley, the test of palfulness? They've made more than just the UBRS video, all of them are pretty comical.

Your broken English and spelling not to mention your understanding of the words reenactment, staged, and parody. Lead me to believe that you simply did something similar to this and are butt-hurt that you didn't create a famously funny video when you clearly had the opportunity to, if your claims are accurate. Saying you went to Fullsail for sound editing/creating would lead me to believe you also would have some understanding of video creation and could make this video have happened in about 15 minutes. Making videos is not hard at all.

One last thing worth noting here is that you've never really claimed what it is that you did that was stolen? Did you aggro a bunch of whelps and die? did you do this after being AFK for the entire strat? did you yell leeroy jenkins? did you rebuttal the comments of your idiocy with at least i have chicken? did you make a video and post it in the forums about how OP whelp room in UBRS was?

Maybe you didn't do anything at all and this is some attempt at an elaborate troll? not sure what you've accomplished other than making me type a few extra lines of text that I would not have otherwise typed...